Sunday, January 23, 2011

Nicole in Calgary: Day 8 & 9


Friday we wrapped up our sessions on Anxiety and Depression. We learned how to use Pranayam, Yoga Postures and Meditation as tools to help individuals suffering from Anxiety and Depression. We learned, discussed and danced, it was so much fun. In the evening we hung out at our house for a while, enjoyed a glass of wine and then went out for Thai dinner. It was delicious and we had leftovers for lunch the next day...yummy. As the night drew to a close we sat in our living room on our Lazy Boy Recliners sipping honey, ginger, lemon with hot water and let our dinner digest.

Saturday was an incredible day of learning about Anatomy, Biomechanics and Kinesiology as it relates to getting people out of pain. Many concepts were reinforced and I learned so many new things. Every moment I spend doing this work is further confirmation that I am in the right place and that being a Yoga Therapist is not my job, it is my calling in life, it is my passion. I get so excited about the potential people I can help with this ground breaking work. This form of Yoga Therapy is unique and extremely effective at getting people out of pain, I can't wait to get home and begin sharing all that I have learned with everyone at East Village.

1 comment:

  1. Love your picture Nicole.
    You wear it well though.
    I am very excited about all of the training you are receiving as well.
    I have a vested interest, but I too feel you will help many people.

    Keep warm. I don't know what I liked better your picture or the lazy boy reference.
    Have a great time.

    Lynn Holmes

    ReplyDelete