Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 3 of no expectations

So this was probably the hardest day so far. Thursdays are when Nicole and I meet as business partners. Essentially a day chock FULL of lists, plans and expectations. The only thing I can say about my work day is that I wasn't torn up about not completing all my planned jobs for the day...shoulder shrug approach. And Nicole and I made loose plans to defer the work over the next few days.

The most difficult thing that I faced today was not being disappointed with my son when he didn't live up to my lofty expectations during his Christmas concert. After bragging about volunteering to play piano for his class' skit, he not only did NOT play the piano, but he also proceeded to sit on the stage with his head in his hands PRETENDING to sing! It was all I could do to keep myself from expressing my feelings...what can I say? I am only human.

No comments:

Post a Comment