Wednesday, December 15, 2010

48 hours of no Expectations

Grocery list and work schedule. The two things that I refered back to yesterday. The first one I had to since my memory is like a sieve and I honestly cannot remember what my pantry is lacking on a minute by minute basis. The latter, goes without saying, I'd have a bunch of angry people on my hands if I threw that out the window.

Besides that, I played the whole day by ear, took the day as it came, rolled with the punches, made lemon-aid out of lemons, stopped and smelled the roses, didn't sweat the small stuff....are there any more that I missed?

It meant that one load of laundry took a whole day to do and I didn't put new sheets on my bed (which I stripped off early in the morning)until just before I needed to use the bed at 10:30 a night. But, you know what I cared less about it than I would have had you asked me 3 days ago. I still cared, don't get me wrong. I walked by my bed several times and felt a pang of guilt when I made that split second decision that the sheets could wait a bit. And when I was waiting in line at Canadian Tire to use the reference book that would tell me what length of replacement windshield wipers to buy, I thought "If I hadn't put this off I wouldn't be stuck in this ridiculous line". But both times, after that moment of negativity, I shrugged my shoulders, took a deep breath and moved on.

So far so good...I think. It's definitely getting easier. In fact, I think I might be able to make it a full week...YIKES! Did I just say a week?

No comments:

Post a Comment