Friday, June 3, 2011

Journey into Yoga Therapy Day 1 of 10


Journey into Yoga Therapy Day 1 of 10

I am in Calgary for 10 days of Therapeutic Yoga Teacher training. I am in the final phase of a very long journey. This time I am coming into the program with a high level of competence and expertise. I feel far more relaxed and confident and I am excited to learn more and deepen my skills.

The day started with an early flight out of Toronto with 3 of my Therapeutic training pals. It was a pretty bumpy flight and I came off the plane feeling car sick, a few sips of ginger ale while waiting for my bags and all was well again. When we landed I got a text from my hubby welcoming me to Calgary (he is working here for 2 months). He flew out to Toronto later that day so I did not get to see him. We arrived by taxi at the house only to be locked out for over an hour. We made ourselves comfortable on the front porch and dived into our suitcases which were full of food for lunch. Once settled we headed off for a walk and shopping at Community, the local organic grocery store. Later that evening one of our colleagues, Carrie, drove in from Ferny, BC. We went out to dinner at the hippest, most famous vegetarian restaurant in Calgary called the Coup. The food was very expensive and pretty good but Sandi Stiel's (Thestuffedpantry.com) recipes are just soooo much better. Carrie and I stayed up until midnight talking Therapeutic Yoga. It was so great to have an opportunity to exchange ideas and share experiences. There are only a handful of us in Canada that are trained by Susi Hately (Functional Synergy) so opportunities like this are to be savoured

No comments:

Post a Comment